Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.) Attacks “Duckling Ramps” At Capitol Reflecting Pool As Government Waste
Really!!!! Well, Congressman, I was almost speechless when I first read your tweet as it was apparent that the depths of your stupidity evidently run very, very, deep. Just how did you think America would react?
How could you possibly NOT know that on May 15, 2017, at 4:56 PM, when you tweeted the photo (see below) along with “If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it must be government waste” that Americans would react strongly in response to your personal attack on baby ducklings?
Congressman, you asked for it and now you got it. The first question that comes to mind is, what is your fucking problem with helping baby ducklings? Do you even have the smallest shred of humanity left in you?
What’s next? are you going to attack; puppies, kittens, baby squirrels? Where doe’s this end?
Here’s the back story for those who haven’t heard about this yet. The Architect of the U.S. Capitol in collaboration with City Wildlife, a local nonprofit installed two “Duck Ramps” along the area of the Capitol reflecting pond where there is a limestone barrier which makes it impossible for baby ducklings to get in and out of the water. The ramps, I estimate would cost around $47.00 each. (This is less than a one hundred dollar investment).
Why are these ramps important you ask? They will fucking drown from exhaustion or die of starvation unless they have a way to get out of the water, that’s why.
There are currently four families of Mallard ducks that call the Capitol Reflecting Pool home and return every single Spring. Ducks have lived at the reflecting pool since it’s inception, and are well loved, not only by the tourists and visitors to the Capitol but the people who live and work there as well.
Well now that you know the rest of the story. America responded with a vengeance and America’s not happy.
I don’t know about you Congressman, but I like baby ducklings, I believe that most people do. I live in Florida and several times there has been a mother Duck trying to get her brood of baby ducks across a busy road. This same scene plays out every Spring in cities and roads all across America.
Every single time, traffic stops both ways and at least one person, most of the time several people jump out of their cars and stop traffic both ways so the mother duck and her brood of ducklings can cross the road safely. No one is ever a dick about it. This is nothing more than human beings showing their humanity by helping small animals navigate an urban landscape that without our help could be deadly.
Here’s a video from Chicago that is a typical example that happens all across America every Spring. This is what being human is all about.
Well, Congressman because of your idiotic attack on baby ducklings, American’s responded to your tweet in ways that should have been entirely predictable to anyone else. But evidently, since you do not suffer from the ravages of intelligence you somehow did not see this coming. Here are just a few samples the thousands of tweets of how American’s responded to your example of Government waste.
So, Congressman Walker since you were so concerned about Government waste regarding a couple of ramps for ducklings which most likely cost less than $100.00. let’s talk about Government waste.
- Per the independant.co.uk As of April 29, 2017, “Since taking office, Mr Trump has spent half of his presidential weekends at his Florida resort, according to the New York Times. That schedule gave Mr Trump at least 25 days on the private getaway. The president has incurred roughly $25 million in expenses in his first 100 days in office. These expenses exceed President Obama’s travel expenses during his entire 8 years in office.
- Melania Trumps refusal to live at the WhiteHouse and instead stay at Trump Tower in New York City with their son Barron costs an estimated 1 million dollars a day in security.
- The House of Representatives has averaged 138 “legislative days” a year since 2001, according to records kept by the Library of Congress. That’s about one day of work every three days, or fewer than three days a week. I find this stunning as I work for the private sector, and they not only expect results, but I am expected to report to work as well as be productive at least 270 days a year (minus my 10 days vacation and a handful of holidays). Of course as the vast majority of American’s I don’t make anywhere near $174,000 per year as congress does either.
- Republican’s in congress, such as yourself continually keep trying to destroy our healthcare system while at the same time keep trying to give the top 2% of Americans huge tax cuts, who by the way have the greatest ability to pay them. What’s up with that? Certainly, the Affordable Care Act has some problems, It is working well in 42 our of 50 States. How but about fixing them instead of throwing the rest of us under the bus.
- What’s up with all this nonsense with congress rolling back regulations protecting our clean air and water? How much will it cost if we have another huge environmental disaster? Protecting profits of the big corporations instead of protecting the environment is frankly, insane.
Congressman, I could keep citing examples for several pages, but you get the general idea of what I am talking about. So the next time you complain about a couple of ramps so ducklings can get safely in and out of the water at the capitol reflecting pool maybe you should be looking at the big picture that affects all American’s.
You also have to consider that two ramps for baby ducklings are also important for disabled ducks, elderly ducks as well as the baby ducks. This could be considered a Ducks with Disabilities Act (DDA). This strongly parallels the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
I don’t know what your issue with baby ducklings is. Maybe as a small child, you were traumatised by a baby duckling, maybe it was something else. All I know for sure is that your attack on baby ducklings could well be extrapolated to be an attack on babies and the elderly as well.
I for one, will not stand for any attacks on ducklings or any attack on; animals, human babies, or the elderly. I am a human being, and I care a lot about everyone. And, more importantly, I am not alone.
It’s a dirty job but someone’ss got to do it, We care a lot!
Congressman, don’t even think about attacking puppies. I love puppies, and millions of others think just like me, and believe me, we vote.
This News Commentary is an original work of satire by Thomas Dyson. If you like our articles please consider becoming a subscriber (It’s Free) and you will be one of the first notified when new articles are posted. Rest assured we do not use your email address for anything except to provide you with a notification of new content posted.
If you like this article please share it far and wide or even shout it from the rooftops.